Friday, July 1, 2011

How to Spot a Fake Michael Jordan Rookie Card


Share/Bookmark
Michael Jordan only has one mainstream rookie card, the 1986-87 Fleer #57.

It is widely considered the "Holy Grail" of the basketball sports cards hobby. This is a must have for any die-hard fan of the greatest basketball player ever.


While not entirely scarce, it is expensive due to high demand. The ungraded ones usually sell for $200 - $500 and the graded ones, for way more.

Being so, fake or counterfeit copies are very much widely available to trick the gullible ones. Personally, I bought fake copies because I can't really afford the real ones.

To be on the safe side, I suggest buying a graded copy. Be prepare to shell out some serious dough though for the high-grade ones. A 1986-97 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan BGS 10 Pristine copy sold for $82,000 in 2009!

So, how do you spot a fake Michael Jordan rookie card?

I'm not an expert on this thing because I have not personally held in my hands or even seen the "real" thing.

Check out the links below tackling this topic:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails