Friday, June 10, 2011

My Two Favorite Shaq 90's Inserts: Hot Numbers and SkyView


Share/Bookmark
Out of my Shaquille O'Neal collection, these are the two insert cards I really like.

The 1995-96 Hoops SkyView and 1995-96 Flair Hot Numbers cards.



The 1995-96 Hoops SkyView is I think the first insert set to feature an acetate window that was widely used in the 1996-97 EX-2000 set.

Odds of finding one in 95-96 Hoops series 2 packs is 1:480. Since there are ten players from the set (including Michael Jordan), odds of finding a specific player from the set jumps up to a huge 1:4800 odds.

The 1995-96 Flair Hot Numbers meanwhile is I think the first lenticular insert set. Each card is given a three-dimensional effect by the addition of a special lenticular coating (a ribbed plastic material) on the front. The full color player photos are placed against a swirling background of numbers. The backs continue with the numbers motif that serve as a background for the full-color player cutout. Player's name and short biography are printed in white.

A Hot Numbers card is inserted at rate of one in 36 packs with 15 players comprising the set (including Michael Jordan as well).

Because they are my two favorite Shaq insert cards, I plan on acquiring as many as possible. As of this writing, I have 4 Hot Numbers and 3 Skyviews.

Please help me if you have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails